International Peace Initiatives (IPI) is a global network of individuals and organizations seeking innovative and alternative means of overcoming the devastation of disease, conflict, and poverty in the world today.
IPI accomplishes these initiatives through grassroots capacity building, community based research, and sharing information on successful practices in HIV/AIDS management, peacebuilding, and economic empowerment programs. IPI’s work in Africa uplifts the spirit and living standards of the people in their communities. Our tools are education, enterprise and empowerment.
The organization's current focus is on women and youth groups that are involved in self help activities in Kenya. The aim is to develop working relationships with these groups so that through their own initiative and that of friends interested in supporting them, they are empowered to raise the quality of life of people challenged by HIV/AIDS, violence, and poverty.
- We are a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) with a 501 c 3 tax exempt status.
IPI's Core Programs are:
- Amani Community Children’s Home
- Institute for Nonviolence and Peace (INPEACE)
- IPI College Scholars Program (ICSP)
- Bettering Our Lives by Design (BOLD)
- Community Support Initiatives (CSI)
- See, Experience, Engage and Develop (SEED)
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children Education Fund (OVCEF)
- Learn more about our Mission - Goals - and Objectives
- Learn about our Founder Karambu Ringera